FSAddon Publishing Forum Index
Portal  •  Forum  •  Profile  •  Search   •  Register  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in   

memory leak/out of memory

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
biggles1000

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:19 am    memory leak/out of memory Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

I have read the link about 'out of memory', I was just wondering why I get this or'memory leak' only when I fly in vancouver scenery? After about 10 minutes, the trees stretch to vertical lines, then it crashes to desktop with either 'out of memory' or 'memory leak', but only when flying with Vancouver scenery!
Any ideas?
I have FSX with SP1 and Acceleration pack. I have Ultimate Terrain X (USA) and Ground EnvironmentX(USA/Canada)

It's running on Intel 6850, 4GB ram, Nvidia 8800GTX windows XP to SP2.

Thanks

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
francois
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:49 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

No idea really.. it is not a known 'feature' of Vancouver ...... Shocked The Out of Memory issues you are referring to are a Vista feature I believe. Since you run XP it must be another problem. But I have no idea what could cause it.......

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website    
JonPatch

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:35 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the note. The answer is not complicated: if you use a complex addon it uses more memory. FSX is much less tolerant of addons than FS9 was.

Have you terminated all unnecessary processes?

Jon

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name    
gallopinggoose

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:05 am    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi biggles1000
Have you installed SP1 and SP2, or SP1 and Acceleration Pack?
If you already have done it, considering my experience, the cause is GeForce8800GTX. If you solved the problem, next you would be bothered by stopping video driver operation. Mad

And these one wil break not only your video driver but FSX itself.
So at first please try re-install video driver. I recommend Omega driver
http://downloads.guru3d.com/ForceWare-Omega-Driver-v216921-XP-download-1814.html

Second, I don't know what resolution you use for your display, please set lower resolution for your display.

If still OOM remained please try re-install FSX.

Yes I know GeForse8800GTX is very expensive graphic-board, but including my 8800Ultra, they has very poor ability though regret to say they are one of the best one Crying or Very sad at this time.

My computer spec is
Processor Athlon64 x2 6400+
RAM DDR2 PC800( or PC6400) 2G x2 + 1G x2 (total 6G)
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DQ6
Graphicboard Leadtek WinFast QX8800 Ultra (water cooling)Leviathan
Powerunit Coolermaster 1000W
Harddisk Baracuda 320G SATA2
Baracuda 320G x2 SATA2 RAID0
Baracuda 500G SATA2

I use HDD 320G non RAID0 for Vista x64 and FSX.

Before this one
Processor Intel Core 2 Q6600 @3G
RAM DDR2 PC800( or PC6400) 2G x2 (total 4G)
Motherboard Asus P5B Deluxe
Graphicboard Leadtek WinFast QX8800 Ultra (water cooling)Leviathan
Powerunit Coolermaster 1000W
Harddisk Baracuda 320G SATA2
Baracuda 320G x2 SATA2 RAID0
Baracuda 500G SATA2

I hope this helps yu.

Regards,
Jun

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
BASys

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:12 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Folks

OOM errors can occur on both XP and Vista.

A faulty traffic bgl can cause these under XP,
occured with a vessel traffic file,
(can also cause a CTD).

Try disabling all traffic files,
does the issue still occur ?

If so, no idea.

If not, then add your traffic files one by one until you find the culprit.

HTH
ATB
Paul

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
biggles1000

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:50 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for quick replies.
Okay I've got a few things to try, I'll post another entry when i found out what(if anything) makes a difference.

i have terminated all unnecessary processes.

i installed SP1 and acceleration which I thought patched to Sp2 during installation. Acceleration pack features work fine.

I will try traffic bgl files first, then uninstall and re install vancouver.

JonPatch

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:59 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Roger that. Acceleration will patch to SP2, you are correct.

Good luck!

Jon

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name    
biggles1000

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:26 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

MAJOR PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!
Uninstalled vancouver using uninstall in programs and..........
tried to start fsx, showed error
"Scenery.cfg file error. invalid remote scenery path in scenery area.001. Click OK to continue"
so clicked ok and fsx appeared to start, but no aircraft showing in aircraft window. tried to run it and..........
"flight simulator cannot find the aircraft for the requested flight. the default flight will now try to load"
Clicked OK and..................
"Cannot find aircraft, re install FSX"

All from uninstalling vancouver!!!!!!!!!!!! What is going on?

francois
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:36 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

What does that first entry in your scenery.cfg look like ?!

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

biggles1000

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:41 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

when I open up scenery library, first entry was unticked, blank line, then priorty number 133

Is that what you meant?

francois
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:46 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I mean what is IN the file itself..... like:

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain
Texture_ID=1
Local=Scenery\World
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

Your message would indicate that your scenery.cfg file and the actual place where you installed FSX are not linked anymore.

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

biggles1000

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:56 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

it shows:

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain
Texture_ID=1
Local=Scenery\World
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

biggles1000

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:58 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

can you do a repair install on fsx, or do you need to reinstall completely?
francois
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

That really depends on what is broken... and something IS. That entry is okay, so I don't understand where your error message came from. Have you re-installed FSX in the exact same place as where it was before?

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

francois
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:06 pm    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, and you may also try to delete fsx.cfg, instead of re-installing the whole caboodle. FSX will recreate a new fsx.cfg for you... that might do it.

If not, 'repair' doesn't work on FSX I'm afraid.... better clean up and get it properly installed again.

FWIW, Vancouver doesn't have anything to do with aircraft and such, so something else must have gone wrong somehow.... your initial OOM also showed in that direction.

We should get you up and running again.. lots of knowledgeable people around in this hobby Smile

François

FSAddon.com Publishing
EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

Board Security

39783 Attacks blocked